Pin It

Tuesday, August 08, 2023

Cheerful Daisies, Thank You Card, Stampin' Up!

Hello and welcome to my blog. Today I have a card I found on the internet. I had seen it several times but was unable to find where it came from until I started paying attention to cards and items scrolling by on Terri's site. It was a sample card made by someone at Stampin' Up! to promote the  "Cheerful Daisies" bundle.  I don't usually pay attention to what is scrolling by, I'm usually on a mission. Well, today's mission was to find where that card came from. I found it! I was happy about that but disappointed because I had no directions. So please read on to see how I made this card.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Berry Burst card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

I cut a 4-1/2" x 3" piece of Berry Burst for the layer. On top of that layer is a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Bright & Beautiful" 6" x 6" stack. It was cut at 4" x 2-3/4".  I taped the DSP to the layer so it was a bit offset on the right side. Click on the photo and you can see the DSP hanging over the layer.

Next I die cut a Bubble Bath circle using the third largest circle from the "Layering Circles" die. How may times can you use the word circle in one sentence? A bit redundant but you get the idea! My high school English teacher would have a fit! Good thing blogs aren't graded! LOL Okay, back to the card. The next thing I die cut was the flowers. I cut the cluster of three and the top layers for each of those flowers using Basic White card stock. The centers of the flowers were colored in using my light Lemon Lolly Blends pen and light Lost Lagoon for the leaves. I also die cut 2 ferny branches using Basic White card stock and colored them in using the light Lost Lagoon Blends pen.

The top layers on the flowers were glued in place and then glued to the circle. The ferny leaves were tucked in place under the large flower.

The words are from the same "Cheerful Daisies" set using black Memento ink on a scrap piece of Lemon Lolly card stock. I trimmed it to measure 2-1/2" x 3/8".  I glued the piece in place across the flowers.

Dimensionals were added to the back of the circle and it was set in place on the front of the card, a bit to the left of center. I was just eyeing what I saw on Terri's site. It's close enough and it's PERFECT if you don't compare them!  LOL  But seriously, I am pleased with the way it turned out. Plus I do like this layout and may try it on a different card someday soon.

I did not add any embellishments because I didn't want to pay extra to mail the card.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see today's thank you card,

1 comment:

KardsbyKadie said...

What a BEAUTIFUL combination of Pretty and Lovely.