Pin It

Friday, August 04, 2023

Cheerful Daisies, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!

Hello and welcome to my blog. I am going to make one more card using the "Cheerful Daisies" bundle before I move on to a different set. But be reassured I will be back with this set soon. There's SO many cards out there I'd like to make and many to get inspiration from.  Today's card was found on Pinterest. You can follow along with the video by clicking here. Just a note here, there are no measurements for the card in the video. Please read on to see how I made this card.  

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White card stock that I textured using the "Painted Texture" embossing folder. I glued it on to the card base. 

A 4" x 1-3/4" piece from the "Fresh as a Daisy" 12" x 12" package of Designer Series Paper (DSP) was cut for the top background piece. And a 4-1/4" x 2" piece of Basic Black card stock was cut for the layer behind the DSP. I taped the two layers together and they were glued to on top of the textured Basic White piece. It sits about 1-5/8" from the side edges and 3/8" from the fold.

The Basic Black circle was die cut using the second largest die from the "Layering Circles" die set. I glued it down about 1" from the right side and 1/2" from the bottom edge.

The flowers from the "Cheerful Daisies" bundle were die cut using Basic White card stock. The center areas were colored with Lemon Lolly and the direct centers were colored with Wild Wheat. I used my ink pads and a foam dauber to color those areas.  On the original card the flowers were assembled using Dimensionals between the bottom layer and the top two glued together. Does that make sense? Kind of. Glue the top two layers together at the center area and then add the bottom solid layer using Dimensionals. There, how's that? Better?  I didn't want to do that because the card would be way too thick for mailing. I just added Dimensionals to the back of the flowers and set them in place on the front of the card. I just eyed it. I did not press the flowers down in case I needed to add the ferny things under it.

The ferny things were die cut using the "More Dazzle" gold paper. I was gifted a square of gold and silver and I was glad I got to play with it. The square itself is kind of ugly but once I cut the ferny pieces my image of the paper did a 180!  I was glad I didn't press down on the daisies because the bottom one would have been in the way. I just slipped it under the flower and the Dimensional helped hold it down along with the flower. The other ferny piece was glued in place.

The words are from the same set and were stamped on a piece of Pebble Path card stock using black Memento ink. I die cut them with the die from the same bundle. The piece was set in place on the front of the card. It's about 5/8" from the right edge and 5/8" from the bottom edge. Dimensionals were added to the back.

A double bow was tied using some linen thread. And crystal rhinestones were added to the piece and the card was done.

This was a fun card to make using some colors that aren't ones I would have chosen. They are SO pretty together. 

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see today's birthday card,

1 comment:

KardsbyKadie said...

I thought your card yesterday had LOTS of movement......
Your card today knocks it out of the park with texture and movement.