Pin It

Tuesday, June 08, 2021

Art Gallery, Thank You Card, 2020-2021 Stampin' Up! Catalog

I'm still playing with the "Art Gallery" set. What I like about it is you can create some fun and pretty flowers in no time at all. Plus like with yesterday's card, the flower is going in the other direction, so you're not confined to just leaning left or leaning right.  Today's card leans towards the right.

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White card stock and I textured it using the "Painted Texture" embossing folder.  I glued this piece in place, though I think tape would work because there are plenty of flat spots for the tape to stick to the card base. Some textures don't have enough space to stick, so I end up gluing them to make sure they stick.

I cut a 1-1/4" x 4" piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Brights 6" x 6" stack. I love buying those stacks because you get some DSP in every color in that color group. I buy all of the collections so if I don't have any DSP for a card I'm making, I know I have something in those stacks that will match.  And you get a lot of pieces in each stack, which means you probably won't use them all!  I have yet to use all of the DSP in any stack I've ever purchased.  Okay, so after I cut the DSP, I cut a 1-1/2" x 4" piece of Crushed Curry card stock and taped the DSP to it. Then I taped the layers to the front of the card 1-1/4" from the bottom of the card base.  I did tape that strip but am thinking I probably should have glued it, it doesn't seem to be sticking on some of the edges very well.

The flower was stamped using Daffodil Delight for the more solid image and Crushed Curry for the detailed image. The stem and leaves were stamped using Old Olive ink and both the flower and stem with leaves was die cut at the same time to save time.  

I did glue the tip of the stem to the flower and I set it aside while I worked on the words. The words are form the same "Art Gallery" set and were stamped on a piece of scrap card stock that was left over from stamping and cutting the flower parts. I die cut the words with the cute postage stamp edged border die in the matching dies set.  

Dimensionals were added to the back of the flower and leaves and then set in place on top of the card. The words were set in place with Dimensionals and the card was done.  You can add some rhinestones or pearls if you like. I opted not to because I was going to be sending it out in the mail and I didn't want to spend the extra in postage for making the card non-machinable.  Sometimes I've used a piece of shirt board (thin cardboard like what a cereal box is made of) and it goes through the mail just fine.  But I just decided to keep it clean looking, basic and simple.

This was a very fun and quick card to make. I can see myself making more like this in the future and maybe with some rhinestones on it too!

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to see this quick and easy thank you card,



KardsbyKadie said...

You nailed this card Wanda. SO PRETTY!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What can I say other than.....I love it!