Pin It

Tuesday, February 16, 2021

Berry Blessings, Good Morning Magnolia, Berry Delight, Thinking of You Card

Two days ago I made a "thinking of you" card using the "Good Morning Magnolia" set. I love how elegant those words looked, so today when I was working on my card I thought that same stamp would look pretty on this card. Here's how I made my card.

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

The Designer Series Paper (DSP) is from the "Berry Delight" 12" x 12" package. I cut my piece 5-1/8" x 3-7/8".  I taped it to a piece of Basic White card stock that was cut the same size. Before I taped it I die cut a stitched circle from the center of it  using the largest die. Once it was taped I set it in place on top of the card base using Dimensionals.

Next I stamped the words from the "Good Morning Magnolia" set using black Memento ink. I die cut the words using the second smallest stitched oval die. 

I die cut the largest scalloped circle using a quarter sheet of Rich Razzleberry card stock. I also die cut the scalloped oval from it's center. I used the die that was the next size larger than the stitched oval.  Be sure to center it so you can make use of that solid circle. It's such a waste, so why not try to cut out what you can from it's center.  I taped the words to the scalloped oval piece and set it aside.

Then I stamped the grapes (or are they raspberries???) from the "Berry Blessings" set using black Memento ink. Then I used the second step stamp and stamped the color on the berries using Rich Razzleberry ink.  I stamped three.

The stems for the berries were stamped using Mossy Meadow ink for the outline and Garden Green for the solid color. I stamped two.

Then the leaves were stamped using Mossy Meadow for the outline and Granny Apple Green for the solid part. I stamped two and then I fussy cut all the pieces.  Yup, there's no matching die. But once again, I survived the fussy cutting with no injuries!! LOL

I arranged and taped the fruits on the circle, then the stems and then the leaves. I set one stem on with a piece of Dimensional. And the top leaf was set in place with Dimensionals.  

I added Dimensionals to the circle and set it in place on the card.

The word piece was added using Dimensionals on the right side and double sided tape on the left side. And the card was done. 

This was a fun card to make and it's so very cheery looking. I have a lot of DSP to use up by the end of the month when it retires.  It's not going to happen!!! LOL

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and see what I did today,

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

That stamp could be raspberries too probably, but the dp you used is definitely grapes. I LOVE this card! I guess your cards have tempted me into placing ANOTHER order. lol