Pin It

Friday, February 12, 2021

Berry Bliss, Berry Delight, Congratulations Card, 2021 Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration Catalog

I just realized that there are not that many more days before the 2021 Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration ends and I haven't played much with the sets from that catalog.  So today I found a pretty card using the "Berry Bliss" set and the "Berry Delight" Designer Series Paper (DSP).  The card can be seen here but there was no link to the original post so I didn't have any measurements. So here is how I made this card.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Whisper White card stock.  The card stock was cut in half on the short 8-1/2" side. This card opens at the bottom and the fold is at the top.

The first thing I did was I stamped the leaf using Mossy Meadow ink. Then I filled in the leaves with the leaf image and Garden Green ink. The berries were added using Night of Navy ink and they were filled in using Pacific Point ink.  I fussy cut them out. The little berry was cut out separately from the leaf piece.

After the fussy cutting I was able to figure out what size I needed to cut the circles. The top circle measures 2-3/8". The leafy circle on the bottom left measures 1-7/8" and the small circle on the right measures 1-5/8".  I set the circles in place where I thought they should go and lightly traced the areas with a pencil so I could erase them later.  I use an art gum kneadable eraser. These erasers are the best. They only pickup the graphite and nothing else. They do not ruin your paper. I often draw lines in pencil on my scoring board and I can knead this eraser into a point and get it right inside that score line to erase it.  Anyway, I moved the circles out of the way so I could add the berries. They were stamped using Night of Navy ink for the outline and Pacific Point for the inside. They were stamped twice.

I set the large circle in place and erased the line. Then I set the second circle in place and erased those lines. And I did the same with the smaller circle.

Then the fussy cut leaves and berries were set in place with Dimensionals. And don't forget to add that small berry.

The words are from the same "Berry Bliss" set and were stamped using Night of Navy on Basic White card stock. I cut them so they measured 1" x 3-3/8" and then I punched it using the "Triple Banner" punch. The words were set in place using Dimensionals. Make sure you don't put any where the stem is or it will push it down and it won't look right.

I don't know what the embellishments are but I had some raindrops from my stash. I had bought them back in 2008.  I guess it's about time I use them.  LOL  Anyway, I was glad I had something that was comparable and was able to use some. At this rate they will never be all used up because there's SO many in the bottle.  They are from "The Robin's Nest" Dew Drops.  I glued them with Tombow Multi Mono glue.  I really like that glue but I hate it when I get it on my fingers, it's like it doesn't want to come off and it's sticky.  I have used it for the gold foiling too. It dries but it's sticky and that's what you need for the gold foil.

I cut a 1/4" strip of the blue plaid DSP and added it to the bottom of the card and the card was done.

This was a fun card to make and I love the stamps and matching DSP. I can't wait to make another card with this set.  

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to see today's creation,                                                    Wanda

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Wanda, I just love this card. Fussy cutting that stamped design looks very tedious. Love that designer paper behind it! Perfect!