Pin It

Saturday, February 13, 2021

Art Gallery, Good Morning Magnolia, Thinking of You Card, 2021 Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog

I was going to play with some of my Sale-a-Bration stamps but I found this card and wanted to make it. Though the Designer Series Paper (DSP) is a Sale-a-Bration item. You get 48 sheets of 6" x 6" DSP. More than you'll need. I always end up with lots left in any DSP that I purchase.  I don't think I've ever used an entire package.  Kind of sad.  But I thought this card would be great to do because it uses some of the new DSP. You can see the original card here. The link from there doesn't take you anywhere and I did try to find the card at the designers blog but after a few pages of searching I gave up, I didn't have the time to hunt.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock.  I have to try to remember that it's now Basic White and not Whisper White but I often start typing Bright White.  UGH. One of these days it will just flow as I type without having to think about it.

I cut my DSP at 2" x 5-1/2". At this rate you only use 1/3 of a piece of DSP.  See why I never use up an entire pack of DSP?  LOL  But if you are smart you will set up your stamps in your Stamparatus and make several at one time, then you can use a whole piece or even more of the DSP!! I made two cards. I taped my DSP on the left about 1/4" from the fold.  

I stamped the leaves and stem image from the "Art Gallery" set using Granny Apple Green ink. 

The flower was stamped using Rococo Rose ink and then Rich Razzleberry on top of that and the center was stamped using BlackBerry Bliss.  My Rich Razzleberry was so dark that the Blackberry Bliss doesn't show up much at all.  

Once my stamping was done I die cut the pieces.

I set the card in my Stamparatus to stamp the words from the "Good Morning Magnolia" set. I set the leaves and stem piece on the card to see where the words should go. I removed them and then stamped the words using Rich Razzleberry ink.  

Next I set the flower in place using Dimensionals. I took my Wink of Stella pen and painted over the Blackberry Bliss image.

I had some pretty glass raindrops so I glued them in place using the Tombow Mono glue and the card was done.

I do like how it turned out, though I do regret the raindrops because it is now a non-machinable card but it can be hand delivered or just pay the extra postage.  If I make more, and I probably will, I will use sequins instead.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to see what I've been up to today,

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I'm loving the stamps from that Art Gallery stamp set! Very pretty!