Pin It

Wednesday, February 10, 2021

Berry Blessings, Thank You Card, 2021 Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration

I got the new Sale-a-bration set "Berry Blessings" yesterday. So today I turned on the computer to see if I could find a fun card to make.  I did find one but I had change it a bit. You can see the original card here. There is no link to where that card came from so here is how I made it.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Pacific Point card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left. The change I made here was in the layout. I am not fond of the original layout because it's difficult to send tuck money in the card and the writing space is limited.  It's a cool layout but it's not one of my favorite. So I turned it into a standard card.

I cut two 4" x 5-1/4" pieces of Basic White (Whisper White has changed it's name to Basic White and I'm trying to get used to it - change is not one of my favorite things!!! LOL). One piece was for the inside and one was for the top. I taped the inside piece and added it to the card. I waited on the outside piece because of the wording.

Next I cut a 3-7/8" x 1-3/8" piece of Pacific Point card stock and a 3-3/4" x 1-1/2" piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Berry Delight" 12" x 12" package.  I ended up with a small piece when I cut my full sheet. I had cut a 4" strip and then cut two 5-1/4" pieces and what was left was what I used at the top part of the card.  It was nice not to have to cut a full piece just for a small strip.  I taped the DSP to the Pacific Point piece and I set it aside.

Then I cut a 2-1/4" x 2-7/8" piece of Basic White card stock. I set the piece up in my Stamparatus so I could stamp over the image should the ink not be detailed enough and of course mine weren't because some of my ink pads were too dry.  

I stamped the stem using Garden Green and then the leaves were stamped using Old Olive ink. Then the outline of the berries were stamped using Night of Navy ink. And the solid part of the berries were stamped using Pacific Point ink. I taped this piece to a 2-3/8" x 3" piece of Pacific Point card stock. I added Dimensionals to the back of it and without removing the protective layer, I set it on top of the card so I could see where the wording would go.  When I was looking at my stamped panel and the one on the original card I noticed that mine was too short. But I think it was meant to be because I really liked the words I used and I had wanted to use them but had I made the piece longer I would have probably used the words that were on the original card.  I stamped the words using Pacific Point ink.

I taped the top DSP panel in place and then I removed the protective backing on the Dimensionals and set it in place on the card.

A ribbon was tied (the ribbon is retired) and set in place using two small glue dots. After setting the ribbon in place the card still needed something. So I took my Wink of Stella pen and just painted a line under each of the berries. It didn't show up in the photo but you can see where the blue is more smooth and not so dotted. That's where the Wink of Stella is. And now the card was done.

I like how it turned out and I REALLY like these words SO much better. I'm not a big fan of puns and I was glad I didn't use the words from the original card.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and take a look today,                                      Wanda

No comments: