Pin It

Saturday, July 18, 2020

World of Good, Poppy Moments, Blossoms in Bloom, Get Well Card

I ran across a card on the internet that used the smaller poppy image in the "Poppy Moments" die set. I wanted to give it a try, I like to try to use all of the images and dies in a set. Though I rarely accomplish that! I often buy a set because of one image and the other just sit there, still in the same spot they arrived when I ordered them!  You can see the original card here. I did change it a little.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Whisper White card stock.

A 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White was cut and then textured using the "Ornate Floral" embossing folder.  Then the piece was taped to the front of the card.

The green piece is from the "World of Good" Designer Series Paper (DSP) 12" x 12" pack.  I cut a 4" x 6" piece from the green sheet.  On the back is a black and gold grid pattern. I like that pattern but I was looking for a green and I only bought this DSP and the "Flowers for Every Season" DSP 6" x 6" stack.  I cut the DSP to 2" x 5" and I punched one end using the "Triple Banner" punch.  I taped that piece in the middle of the textured piece.

I die cut the flowers and the detail part of the flower using Whisper White card stock.  I did die cut the top pieces after a double sided sticky sheet was added to the piece of card stock. I wanted to make them be a sticker. I didn't want to glue those pieces in place.

I sponged on some Highland Heather to one of the large flower pieces and I sponged on some Gorgeous Grape to the other two pieces. 

I die cut two Highland Heather and one Gorgeous Grape flower centers. And I die cut two leaf sets from the same "Poppy Moments" dies.  I die cut them using Old Olive card stock.

The words are from the "Blossoms in Bloom" set. I stamped them using black Memento ink.  I trimmed them on my paper cutter.  I tried to use the "Classic Label" punch but the words just barely fit and it didn't look very nice.  So I just trimmed the words and left it at that.

Before I added Dimensionals to the back of each of the flowers, I stuck the thin detailed pieces on each flower.  I glued the flower centers in place and then just set them on top of the front of the card to see where I wanted the leaves to be taped.

The leaves were taped in place and the backing was removed from the flowers and they were set in place on the front of the card. 

The last thing added were the words. They were just taped in place.  And that was it.  The original card has some sequins on it but I omitted them.  I liked it just as it was.

This was a very easy card to make and the colors were so petty on top of that Mossy Meadow green piece.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to stop by today,

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Beautiful card!