Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Sunday, July 19, 2020

Peaceful Moments, Poppy Moments, Painted Labels, Thank You Card

I saw this card on Pinterest and I made a discovery about what some pieces in the die set were!!!  The original card can be seen here.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Old Olive card stock. The photo makes it look like it's Garden Green.  The photo also makes the background look light blue when in fact it's Whisper White!  So odd how color reflects like that.

I cut a 3-3/4" x 5-1/4" piece of Flirty Flamingo.  On top of that is a piece of Blushing Bride card stock that measures 3-5/8" x 5-1/8".  I textured it using the "Subtle" embossing folder.  Now I stamped my wording after I textured it and it was a little difficult to get a clean image.  But I had set my card up in the Stamparatus so I could stamp it again.  It took three times.  So, I recommend you stamp your words before you texture the piece, unless you want to deal with it in the Stamparatus.

Allow the black Memento ink on the words to dry before you sponge on some Blushing Bride ink over the whole piece.  This was then taped to the Flirty Flamingo piece.

The outline layer was die cut using Flirty Flamingo card stock.  And the larger part of the flowers were die cut using Blushing Bride card stock.  I did sponge the Blushing Bride pieces a little so they didn't look so blah.  I had added a double sided sticky sheet to the Flirty Flamingo card stock before I die cut them. I didn't want to deal with gluing or trying to tape those think edges on the flower.  And of course I set them in place almost immediately after sponging so the sticky didn't want to stick very well. I used my embossing gun and heated the two pieces and pressed them down and they stuck nicely.

I die cut the flower centers using Early Espresso card stock and I glued them in place.    

I die cut the Whisper White circle piece using the "Painted Labels" die.  I taped it in place on top of the textured piece.

The leaves and flower bud pieces were die cut using Old Olive card stock.  The thinner leaves were die cut using Mossy Meadow card stock.  

I taped the leaves in place and then the flowers on top. The flowers were set in place using Dimensionals. I glued the flower buds to the flower bud leafy pieces.  I had no clue what those pieces were in the die set.  Not until I saw this card.  Now that I know what to do with those pieces, I see lots of fun ahead!

I set the flower bud pieces in place using a single Dimensional behind each one.    

Then the words were stamped, and stamped again and once more!!!  Stamp them before you put the card together and before you texture the piece!!   But it worked out.  The Stamparatus  is a lifesaver.  I use it all the time for the wording on my cards.  

I added a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White card stock on the inside and the card was done.

It was a fun card to make and I learned something too!! 

Thank you SO much for taking the time to stop by today,
Wanda

No comments: