Pin It

Sunday, April 25, 2021

Under My Umbrella, Baby Shower Card

I had to make one more card using the "Under My Umbrella" set before I put it away. I wanted to make sure I had a baby shower card for my stash. I probably will be keeping this one since I will be giving up my set sometime in the future. You can see the original card here

I made my card a little different. The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Daffodil Delight Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the Brights Collection 6" x 6" stack. I taped this piece to the front of the card.

I used the largest "Stitched So Sweetly" scalloped rectangle die for the Basic White panel. I die cut this piece and then I set it in my Stamparatus to stamp the words from the "Under My Umbrella" set. The words were stamped using black Memento ink. 

Next I stamped the umbrellas using black Memento ink on Petal Pink, Daffodil Delight and Sea Side Spray card stock. I used my chalk pen on the Sea Side Spray piece and then it dried up. So I had to take some white acrylic paint and a toothpick and add the dots to the pink and yellow umbrellas. I set them aside to dry.

I stamped the flowers from the same set using black Memento ink. I colored them in using the light Daffodil Delight, Flirty Flamingo and Granny Apple Green Blends pens. I fussy cut the flowers out and set them aside.

The handles were punched out using Soft Suede card stock.

The rectangle piece was ready to be set on the front of the card but I couldn't find it. I traced my steps, looked on the floor. I even looked on the elbow of my sweater in case I had gotten tape on it and it was stuck to my clothing.  It was no where to be seen. UGH.  So I put the Dimensionals on the umbrellas and tried to think of where it could have gone. I added tape to the back of the umbrella handles and then I decided I just had to make another one.  So I got a quarter sheet of Basic White card stock and I took out my Stamparatus and lo and behold, there it was still under the magnets in the Stamparatus!!!  I've never done that before.  There's a first time for everything. 

So after my discovery, I taped the scalloped piece onto the DSP, centering it as much as I could by eying it.  

I removed the protective pieces from the Dimensionals and I stuck the umbrella to it making sure it was straight. I did that with the other two umbrellas. I set the pink one in place first, then the yellow and then the blue.

I added a dot of glue to the top of each umbrella and I set the little flowers in place. I added some Wink of Stella to the flowers only, not the leaves.

I took my Sea Side Spray Blends pen and colored some rhinestones and added them to the center of each flower and the card was done.

This was a very easy card to make and it was fun until I couldn't find the scalloped piece.  I am going to be keeping this card for future use. I have newly married nephews who will probably be starting a family soon and I probably won't own this set by then, but the card is ready!!  

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to see this sweet baby shower card,

No comments: