Pin It

Tuesday, April 27, 2021

Sweet Strawberry, Birthday Card, 2021 Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog

I can't begin to tell you how much fun I had making this card.  First of all it's pretty. I found it on Pinterest. You can see the original here.  I just loved the colors and how cheery it was. And then there's the matching punch. It finally arrived. I ordered it with the set in February and it's almost the end of April and it is finally here. SO I will be making quite a few cards using this set. I love punches, they don't seem to wear out my arm as much as cranking the Big Shot with the die cuts. Plus I seem to be able to line things up better with a punch.  So onto the making of this card.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White card stock and textured it using the "Ornate Flowers" embossing folder. 

The Basic Black piece was cut 3" x 4" and the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Berry Delightful" 12" x 12" package (from Sale-a-Brations) was cut at 2-3/4" x 3-3/4".  I have found some fun strawberry background papers on the internet to download if you can't get your hands on this DSP.  I taped the DSP to the Basic Black piece and Dimensionals were added to the back.

The words are from the "Sweet Strawberry" set and were stamped using Poppy Parade ink. Then they were die cut using the second largest Stitched Circle die.  A Basic Black scalloped circled that was a little bit larger than the stitched circle was die cut and the circles were taped together.

The strawberries were stamped using black memento ink and stamped with Poppy Parade ink. The stems were stamped using Garden Green ink. I set this up in my Stamparatus and stamped the stem twice to get it nice and dark. Then I stamped Garden Green ink over the stems. The leaves were stamped the same way except I used Granny Apple Green to stamp them. And the tiny flowers were stamped using Blushing Bride ink, twice for the outline and stamped off once for the centers. Everything was punched out 

I took the flowers and put them in the palm of my hand. I cupped my hand and I took the end of my ink pen and pressed it into my palm to get it to curl a bit.

I set the DSP piece in place on the front of the card about 5/8" from the fold and 1" from the top.  I added Dimensionals to the right side of the circle and double-sided tape on the left side.  Then I set the circle in place on top of the rectangle piece. 

The stems were glued to the strawberries. I preferred glue but tape can be used too, it was just more difficult to get the tape on such a small area.  I snipped off the top of the stems. I taped the left strawberry first and then I added the second one. I did use tape on the upper part of the Granny Apple Green leaf and I slipped it under the strawberry before the glue set. 

The little flowers were added using a dot of glue. Glue dots would work nicely too. A tiny gold metallic pearl was added to the center of each flower and the card was done.

I totally loved making this card and it made me smile when I finished it because I love happy feeling it created.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time today to see this sweet birthday card,

No comments: