Pin It

Tuesday, June 01, 2021

Artistically Inked, Expressions in Ink, Wedding Card, 2021-2022 Stampin' Up! Catalog

I found this beauty on Pinterest and of course I just had to see if I could make one. You can see the original card here.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

A 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Polished Pink card stock was cut for the layer.

The Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Expressions in Ink" 12" x 12" package was cut at 3-7/8" x 5-1/8".  I taped the DSP to the Polished Pink piece and then taped that to the front of the card.

I cut a 2" x 3-7/8" piece of Basic White card stock for the bottom part of the card. I had cut this from a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White card stock.  I did not tape it in place yet, it needs words.

I took what was left from the piece I cut above and I stamped the flower from the "Artistically Inked" set using Polished Pink ink. I love how these stamps created depth all on their own. I die cut the piece from the matching dies.  You can also fussy cut it if you don't have the dies. I stamped the center twice with the dotted image from the set, using Versa Mark and I heat set gold embossing powder on it. Then I added Dimensionals to the back and laid it on top of the front of the card to see where the words would go.  Once I saw where the words would be I stamped them using Versa Mark ink and the word stamp from the "Artistically Inked" set. I embossed them in gold and heat set them. Then I taped it in place on the front of the card.

I cut a 1/4" x 3-7/8" piece of gold foil paper and taped it on the seam of the Basic White piece. You can cut it smaller than 3-7/8" because the flower covers up a lot of that area so if you have a small scrap you could get by with that.  

Once again I set the flower on top for placement of the gold cord loops. I took a glue dot and put it in the center area of where the flower is to go and added the loops. I cut four 4" pieces of gold cord and stuck the ends into the glue dot. 

Next I stamped two sets of leaves from the "Artistically Inked" set using Shaded Spruce ink. I die cut them and at the same time I took the large leaves die and cut the leaves in gold foil. 

Now it was time to remove the backing from the Dimensionals. I just set it lightly in place, I did not press down on the piece. 

I slipped the Shaded Spruce leaves under the flower and the gold foil leaves on top of them and a bit off on two of them. Then the flower was pressed down into place.

Three metallic gold pearls were added to the front of the card and I thought it was done.  But that big die cut flower was looking like it needed something so I took out my Wink of Stella pen and colored over the Polished Pink area.  And now the card was done.

I thought it was such a pretty card and I'm glad I made one. It wasn't as bad as I thought it would be, though I did make a few little changes.  I didn't add any ribbon (because I didn't have any) and I did move things over a bit because I didn't want them hanging over the edges of the card. I don't understand how you can put them in an envelope and keep things nice with parts hanging over the edge.  If I was going to change one thing on my version, I would add the gold metallic pearls to the center of the flower instead of stamping in that area. The flower still looks like it needs something.  But all in all I really do like it.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to pop in and see this pretty wedding card,


KardsbyKadie said...

I simply LOVE the layout of this card Wanda. Nicely done!

Vicki B said...

Beautiful card using that dsp! I love the watercolor look of those papers!

Wavah said...

This is a very pretty card you did a great job