Pin It

Saturday, June 19, 2021

Artistically Inked, Birthday Card, 2021-2022 Stampin' Up! Catalog

I found this beauty on Pinterest and thought I'd give it a try. It's on the opposite end of the quick and easy cards I had been making, but it was time to do a more in depth card. You can see the original card here.

I messed up this card by not paying attention to the Designer Series Paper (DSP) on the left. So to begin this card, you will need a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock.  Then you will need to cut a piece of the DSP from the "Expressions in Ink" 12" x 12" package. I had to cut mine at 1/2" x 5-1/2". I think the strip on the original card was cut at 1" x 5-1/2".  

The flower outline was die cut using some brushed gold card stock. The original card said it used brushed gold but mine may be different because it's old. It had retired and I never got rid of it. SO I'm going to use it here, though it does look like Crumb Cake card stock, but I assure you it is a brushed gold. It has a nice dull shimmer to it.  Can dull have a shimmer?  LOL Once it was die cut I used it for placement for the words.

Next you are going to want to add the words at the bottom. They are from the "Artistically Inked" set and were stamped using Shaded Spruce ink.

From here on out the stamping was done using the Stamparatus and the die cut piece for placement.

I set the die cut piece where I thought it was going to go and I took the larger flower image and set it upside down on top of the piece and I closed my Stamparatus so it would stamp exactly where I wanted it to. The flower was stamped using Polished Pink ink.

Then the die cut piece want back on top, lining up the flower as much as I could and the upper light rose image was stamped using Pale Papaya ink. I set the stamp up the same way I did the larger one and for the rest of the stamps as well.

The small rose at the top center was added using Flirty Flamingo ink.

Then the leaves were done, I set up both at the same time, inked them and stamped them at the same time.

The tiny cluster of three flowers were stamped by hand using Mango Melody ink. I stamped them in the upper right area and lower left area.

There's a cute little dotted stamp in the set, it's only four dots but it's just enough. I stamped the does using Flirty Flamingo ink. The dots were added near the cluster of three flowers, top and bottom and on the left side of the Flirty Flamingo rose. I also stamped it a bunch of times in the center of the large flower. 

Taking my Tombow glue bottle, I added glue to the wider areas on the back of the die cut piece. Then I set it in place, I lined up the leaves so it was easier to get the piece in place. 

I had some sequins left over from some other project (could be Paper Pumpkin - because I never toss anything out). They were set in place using a tiny glue dot and the card was done.

I do like how it turned out, even with the thinner strip on the left. And this was the first time I used a lot of those stamps in that set. Before this card, I think I have only used the larger image and leaves.  There's a "hello", thanks", "best wishes", and a background image that still need to be used. I'm sure I will use at least a couple of them. I don't know of many sets that I have actually used all of the images. I tried to challenge myself to do that but that went by the wayside rather quickly!

I thank you SO very much for taking your time to see how this colorful birthday card was made,


KardsbyKadie said...

You are much too hard on yourself Wanda......Your card turned out GREAT. Love all the detail you added to this card.

Hilda Burton said...

I love this pretty card today and all of your details about how you made it. I love this set but have not inked it yet. Now I have your inspiration to get me started. Enjoy your day!

Lynne said...

Lovely card and terrific description of how you made it.

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Wanda, I really prefer how you went about adding the stamped images a little at a time. It would make inking them up much easier! And I like your card better in the placement of the stamped images a little higher on the card! Much better placement. Thanks for taking the time to explain how you went about it. It was very helpful after watching the original video.