Pin It

Sunday, May 02, 2021

To A Wild Rose, Dandelion Wishes, Birthday Card

I'm still playing with the "To a Wild Rose" set. I also combined it with the "Dandelion Wishes" set.  Both are retiring in a few days.  

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. 

The flower and leaves from the "To a Wild Rose" set were stamped using black memento ink. I stamped two sets of leaves and I die cut everything out and set it aside. My piece of card stock measured 3" x 3". I stamped the solid part of the flower using Sea Side Spray ink that was stamped off once and then the detailed image was stamped using Sea Side Spray ink. I also colored on the detailed area with Wink of Stella to give it some glimmer.

The solid part of the leaves were stamped using Granny Apple Green ink and then they were die cut.

The words were stamped on a 3-1/2" x 3-1/2" piece of Basic White card stock. You can get by with a 3" x 3" piece but you need to make sure you stamp the words exactly in the center. I needed a little wiggle room, I'm not that accurate with my stamping. I stamped the words using black Memento ink and then I die cut them using the stitched square dies. I used the second and third dies in the set of four. I used some post it tape to tape the squares where I wanted them and I die cut both at the same time. Foam strips were added to the back of the square frame piece.

To assemble the card, I taped the words down first about 1" up from the bottom.  Then I added the frame.

The flower was set on next using both Dimensionals and double sided tape. I wanted to make sure the flower stuck to the frame and also to the front of the card. Be careful not to get a Dimensional on where the frame is or you will have a very bulky card. Before pressing the flower in place, I added tape to the top set of leaves and slipped it under the flower.  On the bottom set of leaves I cut one of the leaves off and taped it on top of the other two. It was just too long and went over the words. I used tape on the back of the leaves to make sure they stuck to the frame.  Then I pressed down on the flower to set it in place.

A few clear rhinestones were added to the card and it was complete.

This was a very fun card to make. I had second thoughts about making it because of the frame. I was afraid I wouldn't get it on straight.  But taping the words down first made it easier for me to hover over them and set the frame in place.  

This is a very versatile card. You can make it into a Mother's Day, Thinking of you, Thank you, Birthday and even a sympathy card.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by to see today's card,

No comments: