Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Wednesday, February 05, 2020

Little Ladybug, Beautiful Bouquet, Birthday Card, Spinner Popup Card Technique

Today's card was fun to make but a bit time consuming.  Mostly because of the fussy cutting.  Though I am aware that there is now a die cut for these cut ladybugs.  And there's a lot of pieces to this card. The front of my card is a bit blah because I lost interest when it came time to decorate the front.  The instructions can be found here at You Tube.  Now that I know how to make it, I can see myself making it again.  I would just do some things differently.  I'll explain later in the post.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of the thick Whisper White card stock.  I used my scoreboard to score it because it's too thick to fold nicely by hand.

I followed along with the instructions and die cut the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "From My Heart" 12" x 12" paper pack.  The piece behind the ladybug is Flirty Flamingo card stock.  

I used the "Little Ladybug" Sale-a-Bration set to make this card.

After die cutting the pieces and fussy cutting the ladybugs, I should have spent more time with the front.  But instead, I was working on the inside.  I think the upper part of the front needs some work.  Other than that, I really do like the front and I like the layout.

Next I worked on the mechanism.  It was easy enough to do, though I with the guy would use different colors instead of white on white when he demonstrates how to make these mechanisms.  But being it was a video, I could stop and replay and enlarge it on my computer.  

When assembling the mechanism, this tip will help you out.  The second part of the mechanism is added under the boxy piece, which was called the "popup mechanism".  I glued on the left side first as was shown in the video.  But I had difficulty trying to see where the other end was glued.  After gluing it wrong, I finally figured out that it needed to be glued away from the "popup mechanism"  I measured and it's 1/2" away.  And it is under the "popup mechanism" which was obvious.  Make sure you fold in the "V" part before gluing the whole "spinner mechanism" in place.  And lastly you glue on the "spinner arm".  After that is done you then assemble the inside.

I didn't pay attention to where the words needed to go so I used the ones from the "Little Ladybug" set.  It was too long.  When I went to set the flower panel in place, all the words were not visible.  So I had to start again. I used the same size piece as was instructed but I found some smaller words from the "Beautiful Bouquet" set.  I stamped them using black Memento ink on Flirty Flamingo card stock with a frame using DSP.  I did take my piece to the cutter and measured it and cut a piece for the backing. I thought it was a bit too flimsy.  I glued it to the bottom part of the "spinner arm" piece.  Then I added the ladybugs.  And lastly I added my layered flower.  For my flower layer, I didn't use the frame and insert the DSP inside it. I just made layers.  I think it was done the other way to save DSP.  At this point I didn't care. I had struggled enough trying to figure out how I was going to get the words right and trying to find the words.  

But now that it's done, I think I would like to make another one. I just need to think of what other stamp sets I would use to create this and make it quicker.  I might rethink the stitched die cut pieces and just do layers.  It would take less time.  I have made three mechanism and I don't find them difficult at all to make.  Give it a try and see what you think.

Thank you SO much for stopping by today,
Wanda


No comments: