Pin It

Friday, February 07, 2020

Thoughtful Blooms, Thank You Card, 2020 Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration

Today I found this fun card.  I had to make a few minor changes do to lack of supplies.  But I made do with what I had and it worked. You can see the original card here.  All you get there are measurements and colors but no instructions.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Very Vanilla card stock.  This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

On top of the card base is a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Gray Granite card stock.  

The focal piece is a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Very Vanilla card stock.

I took the large four leaf image from the "Thoughtful Blooms" set and using Gray Granite ink, I stamped this image kind of in a circle around the piece.

Next I stamped the tiny flowers on the ends of that image I just stamped. I used Blushing Bride ink. The original card used Rococo Rose. I didn't buy the in colors so I had to make do with what I had.  

Then I stamped the sprig piece using Gray Granite ink. I followed that by using the buds image and Rich Razzleberry ink.

I stamped the larger flower, the solid image, using Blushing Bride ink.  And on top of that I stamped the detail image using Rich Razzleberry ink.  I also stamped a dozen of them on some scrap Very Vanilla card stock.  I punched them out using the matching "Small Bloom" punch.  Both the punch and the "Thoughtful Blooms" stamp set are from the Sale-a-Braion catalog.

I stamped the words from the same "Thoughtful Blooms" set using Rich Razzleberry ink.  I die cut it with the two smallest dies in the "Stitched So Sweetly" die set.  I die cut the larger one from the center of the Gray Granite piece of card stock that was used for the layer.  No one will ever see that piece was missing.

I took a piece of Basic Gray ribbon that I had in my stash. I'm sure it's retired.  And I taped the ends on the backside of the Gray Granite piece.  I secured the ends with transparent tape.

I taped the layers to the card base and then I added the word layers and the flowers.

I took my Rich Razzleberry dark Blends pen and colored twelve pearls to go in the center of each flower.

This was a very fun card to make and I do like how it turned out. The colors I used were close enough for me.  And if you don't look at the original card, you will never see the difference!

Thank you SO much for stopping by today,

No comments: