Pin It

Thursday, August 05, 2021

Art Gallery, Fine Art, Thinking of You Card, 2021-2022 Stampin' Up! Catalog

Today's card was interesting to make. You can see the original card here. I thought it was SO pretty but I didn't realize how much work it really was. Or maybe I just made more work than it was. I will never know!  The link to the card had only provided me with colors and what stamps and papers were used. So here is how I made the card.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. I cut a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Fine Art" 12" x 12" pack that measured 5-1/2" x 3-3/4". I centered it and taped it in place.

Next I stamped the flowers. I used the "Art Gallery" set and dies to do these flowers. I had stamped three sets of flowers. I stamped Flirty Flamingo over the image and then I added some Merry Merlot ink in the center areas of the flowers using a sponge dauber. I took my blender pen and removed the Flirty Flamingo from the leaves and stems. Then I colored them in using my Old Olive marker.  I huffed on the image and stamped it on a piece of Basic White card stock.  I repeated this two more times. I die cut all three images.

Then I did the word panel. I had made it too big in my first attempt but I finally got it right. I didn't have the Bumblebee card stock so I used Crushed Curry, it blended well enough to work. I cut that piece 3-3/4" x 1-5/8".  The Basic White piece should be cut 3-3/4 x 1-3/8".  My white piece does not go all the way to the edges of the Crushed Curry piece because I had measured it wrong and I wasn't going to redo it. So I just made sure it is equal on each side and taped it down. 

Now the next part was a bit tricky. I had to cut flowers from the cluster. The top right flowers were separated from the cluster and what was left was added at the bottom right. I took the word panel and the top left flower cluster and made sure the tiny flowers hung over the edge as. I held it in place and set a Dimensional over the flower piece and the word panel. I also added another Dimensional on the stem area to hold it down. I didn't want it to be moving around on me. I had just figured out this method woud work best since everything else I had tried didn't work.  I added the top right flower the same way, the leaf hung over the frame of the word piece and I added a Dimensional to keep it in place.

For the flowers on the bottom I added the right bottom ones the same way I did the top left ones. Then the two flowers that were left from the third cluster were cut apart and the one nest to the word panel was set in place using a Dimensional. 

The piece was turned over and Dimensionals were added all over the place. I didn't want the flowers to be sagging anywhere. After the piece was set in place, I added that last flower on the bottom left. I put a couple of Dimensionals on the upper part of the flower (on the back) and slipped it under the flower that was added earlier. I had also stamped and cut an extra leaf and I added tape to the back of it and slipped it between the two flowers on the bottom left. And the card was done. 

I did not have the ribbon that was used on the original card but that is okay, it looks fine without it.

If I were to make this card again, I would make sure I added a bit more Merry Merlot to the flower centers, they could have been a bit darker. Oh, I forgot to add some embellishments and they were added later.  

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and see today's card,

1 comment:

KardsbyKadie said...

What a STUNNING card Wanda. Love the color.