Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Tuesday, March 03, 2020

Under My Umbrella, Flourish Thinlits, Bridal Shower Card, 2020 Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog

I found this adorable card on Pinterest.  I made a couple minor changes but for the most part it's pretty much copied.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Whisper White card stock.  On top of that is a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Blushing Bride card stock.  Before I taped it to the card base, I die cut the strip at the bottom of the card. I had to set the die in at an angle to make sure I had room for it and so the part cut out wouldn't leave a gap in the side edging that needed to be showing.  I didn't have the pretty strip die that is on the original card but I did have a strip die from the "Flourish" thinlits.  

I stamped the umbrella, boots and flowers from the "Under my Umbrella" set using black Memento ink.  I punched the umbrella but ended up fussy cutting it.  I fussy cut the boot and flowers too. I had used the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "From My Heart" 12" x 12" paper pack.  I colored the boot using Blends pens.  Flirty Flamingo (dark) for the center bright looking part on the boots.  And both light and dark Real red for the rest of the coloring.  The flowers are colored with Blends pens too. I used Real Red light, Flirty Flamingo dark and Calypso Coral light. I used Old Olive light for the leaves.  After coloring my images, I took a black Sharpie marker, you know the old fashioned fat one, before they came out with all the other size tips.  I set my piece on some scrap paper and I traced around them. Doing this makes the lines solid black.  I forgot to do it with the umbrella so you can see the white showing on the stamped lines outside the image.  I made six of these cards and I would pick the one that didn't have the edges blackened to use for the photo shoot!  But no one will know if you don't tell them! LOL

I cut two 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" pieces of Whisper White card stock.  For the top piece, I stamped the words from the "Under my Umbrella" set using black Memento ink.  I set the boots and umbrella where I thought they would be going before I stamped the words so I knew exactly where they would be going.

After stamping the words, I textured the piece using the "Subtles" embossing folder. 

Then I die cut the circle using the largest circle die in the pack.  

I took the second piece of Whisper White and jogged the two together. I lightly traced the partial circle onto that piece. I needed to do this so I could see where to stamp the rain drops.  The rain drops were stamped using Pool Party ink.  After stamping (waiting a minute for the ink to dry) I erased the pencil mark using my kneadable art gum eraser.  Again, I highly recommend you get one of these. You won't regret it. It only removes the graphite and doesn't cause the paper to pill.  Plus there's no eraser stubble either.  I have a light colored Martha Stewart scoring board and I draw with a pencil in the spaces so I know exactly where to score my cards I'm working on.  When I'm done I take the eraser and work it a little so it's pretty flat.  Then I run it up and down my scoring board and the pencil marks are gone.

Okay, next I taped the raindrops piece to the textured piece of Whisper White card stock.  

Once again, I set the boots and umbrella on the raindrops so I could see where the umbrella handle should be stamped.  I stamped the handle using black Memento ink.

I set the umbrella and boots in place using Dimensionals.  I taped the little flowers to the boots.

I added the die cut strip to the bottom part of the card. I had taken some glue and put it on 1/3rd side of my silicone pad. I didn't fill the pad 1/3rd full of glue, I'm just working on 1/3rd of the side of that pad. I drew a line of glue (leaving about 1/2" from the top and bottom. I took the other side of the pad and folded it over the top of the glue and smashed it down gently (can you really smash gently????  LOL) I needed the glue to be wider and thinner.  I needed it to be a bit wider than my strip. I took the strip and set it across the glue and then I pressed the strip in place on the front of the card.  Make sure the glue isn't too thick or you will have to much on your strip and you'll be cleaning a mess.

I added two sequins that I had left over from the February Paper Pumpkin kit. I didn't have the same sequins that were used on the original card. I think these sequins worked well, they blended in perfectly.  I like how it looked.   I taped this panel to the Blushing Bride piece that is already on the card base and that was it. You can wait to add the Blushing Bride piece too.  It won't effect the outcome of the card.

I like this card. I thought it was SO darn cute and easy to do!

Thank you SO much for stopping by today,
Wanda

No comments: