Pin It

Thursday, August 08, 2019

Good Morning Magnolia, Here's a Card, Birthday Card

When I saw this card on Pinterest, I was drawn in by the textured background.  SO I decided to give it a try.  

When I started out making it, I tried to get the texture on the middle part of the card without getting any on the top and bottom edge.  That meant that I had to cut the card stock so this card opens at the bottom and folds at the top.  I set the card in the embossing folder and was able to get part of it to texture but it didn't look so great where I stopped the Big Shot.  I decided I would just run the whole thing through the Big Shot and cut and tape the piece in. Now had I read how the original card was made, that is what was done.  My piece is a bit longer than on the original card because of the words. I wanted them to be more included with the background texture.

So, the base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Whisper White card stock.  And it opens at the bottom and the fold is at the top. The card stock was cut on the 8-1/2" side at 4-1/4".  

I textured a piece of Whisper White card stock using the "Corrugated 3D" embossing folder.  I cut the piece to 4-1/4" x 4-1/2".  I taped the piece in place on top of the card base.

I stamped the flower from the "Good Morning Magnolia" set. And I die cut it with the matching dies.  I colored the flower using both the light and dark Powder Pink Blends and both the light and dark Old Olive Blends.  The stem was colored with the light Soft Suede Blends pen.  I also colored the center of the flower using the dark Daffodil Delight Blends pen.

I stamped the words from the "Here's a Card" set on a scrap piece of Whisper White card stock using Black Memento ink. I die cut it using the third largest "Stitched Oval" die and I also die cut an Old Olive scalloped oval for the back layer.  I taped the two pieces together and I set all of the pieces in place on the card front using Dimensionals.

For the final touch, three crystal rhinestones were added and the card was finished.

This was a very fun and easy card to make.  Though I did struggle with my light Old Olive Blends pen.  It's starting to dry up.  I did add a drop of 91% Isopropyl  rubbing alcohol to both ends and I'll check it in 24 hours.  But I'm still going to replace it.  I read that you can take the inside of the pen out and place it in a container of rubbing alcohol and leave it for a day.  Then squeeze the alcohol out of the pen into the alcohol and you have created "Alcohol Ink".  I'll let you know how that works when I do it.

Anyway, I'm off to get some chores done.

Have a great day and thank you for stopping by,

No comments: