Pin It

Tuesday, April 23, 2024

Days to Remember, Flowering Zinnias, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!

Hello and welcome to my blog. Today I have a birthday card to share with you that's filled with lots of layers. I have not made a card with this many layers in a long time and I do love layers. Please read on to see how today's card was made.

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic Black card stock.

I cut a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Berry Burst for the layer.

Next I cut two 4" x 5-1/4" pieces of Basic White card stock. I taped one to the inside and the other I textured using the "Distressed Tile" embossing folder. I glued this piece to the Berry Burst piece and then taped that to the front of the card base.

Next I cut my Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Flowering Zinnias" 12" x 12" package. I cut the floral printed piece at 2-1/4" x 4" and the Basic Black layer behind it at 2-3/8" x 4". I taped the two layers together and set them aside.

I cut the green DSP from the same "Flowering Zinnias" package, it measures 2" x 2-1/4" and the Basic Black layer measured 2-1/8" x 2-3/8".  I taped the two layers together. 

The flower was fussy cut from a sheet in the "Flowering Zinnias" package. I set it aside after cutting.

The rectangle pieces were cut using the dies from the "Stylish Shapes" set. I used the second and third largest dies. I cut one using Basic Black and the other using Basic White card stock.

The words are from the soon to be retiring "Days to Remember" set using black Memento ink on a scrap piece of Basic White card stock. They were punched out using the "Double Oval" punch (which I believe is retiring too *insert sad face here*).  I punched out the Basic Black scalloped oval using the same punch. I taped the ovals together. Dimensionals were added to the back and the piece was set aside.

Now to assemble the rest of the front, I used glue on the large Berry Burst piece of DSP. I also added glue to the green piece and slipped it under the larger piece with the left tip about 1/4" from the fold and the right tip about 1/2" from the top edge. 

Glue was used to set the rectangle piece in place too.

The word piece was added using the Dimensionals and the flower was also added using Dimensionals. And the card was done. 

I do like how it turned out, though I probably should have used 1/4" borders on the back layers instead of 1/8". I wasn't thinking about the difference between the two rectangle dies, that's a lot of space. But I am still happy with how it turned out. And it's a fun layout too! And it really didn't take that long to make either.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see today's birthday card,

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

All of the layers really add a lot of interest in the card. I rarely do a lot of layering on my cards but this is a fun layout.