Pin It

Thursday, April 11, 2024

Cheerful Daisies, Bee My Valentine, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!

Hello and welcome to my blog. My post was delayed a bit because whatever this cold/virus thing I have is causing me to not move as quickly as I am used to. I'm so tired.  I take long naps and sleep through the night but yet I'm still tired. But (yes, but!!!) I do have to say I am feeling a little better.  YAY!  

I found today's card on Pinterest. When I laid my eyes on it I knew I had to make one. I just loved the idea of using the "Bee My Valentine" set again. It's just a one day celebration set and to be able to use it for other occasions is a plus.  And this card has to be the best one I've seen using this on a non-Valentine's Day card. I think you will agree with me. It's such a pleasing card. You can see the original here. I did have to change the embossing folder because I didn't have the one used on it. There were no measurements so I had to figure it out for myself and I will share them with you because I know you are going to want to make one of these cards. Please read on to see how I made today's card.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. It opens on the right and the fold is on the left. 

I cut a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Basic White card stock and textured it using the "Exposed Brick" embossing folder. I glued that to the front of the card. 

I cut a 3-3/4" x 5" piece of Basic White card stock and die cut the center using the largest rectangle die from the "Everyday Details" set. I kept the piece that comes from the center to use on a future card (someday when I find it in a pile on my worktable LOL). 

Next I cut a 3-1/2" x 4-1/2" piece of Basic White card stock and colored it using my Blending Brush and Granny Apple Green ink.

The die cut piece was laid on top of the green piece so I could see where to stamp the words. The words are from the "Cheerful Daisies" set and were stamped using black Memento ink. I set the piece in place under the rectangle die cut piece and then that was glued to the front of the card.

Next came the flowers. Using Basic White card stock I die cut the 3 layers of flowers and glued them together. I did have to cut them apart from the one large flower die piece. The centers were stamped using Crushed Curry ink on a piece of Crushed Curry cardstock and then die cut. The small flower I ended up fussy cutting the center. I glued the centers in place.

The leaves were stamped next using Granny Apple Green and then die cut. You need three of these. And the leafy branches were die cut using Basic White card stock and colored in using the Blending Brush with Granny Apple Green ink.

The bee was stamped next. The body is Crushed Curry ink and then stamped using black Memento ink. The face was stamped next. And then the wings were stamped on a piece of Basic White card stock and colored in using the Blending Brush with the ink that was still left on it. The pieces were punched out and the wings were glued to the back of the bee. And that's it, the pieces are all ready to assemble.

The large flower was set in place first using Dimensionals. I slipped the ferny branches under the flower and the pressed down on the piece. Next came the flower on the right, glue was added to the back and it was set in place on the card. The leaves were glued and slipped under the flowers. Then the top flower was glued in place. And lastly was the bee, it was glued in place and the card was done.

There was a lot of pieces to this card but it was so worth it. I just love how it looks. I think this is the card I will be giving to my mom for her 90th birthday later this month (maybe) I had already made her on that had the "90" on it. I guess I'll have to wait and see.  Anyway, I just love the looks of this card, it creates such a feeling of spring and happiness.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see today's birthday card,

1 comment:

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

What a happy, cheerful card! Love that added little bee!