Pin It

Tuesday, March 02, 2021

Sweet Strawberry, Peaceful Moments, Birthday Card, 2021 Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog

I thought this card was SO pretty when I saw it on Pinterest that I just had to make it.  You can see the original card here.  

I used the "Sweet Strawberry" set to make this card. The original card used a sheet from the "Berry Delightful" Designer Series Paper (DSP) 12" x 12" package. I had to laugh as I was assembling the card. I used the stamp set because I didn't want to fussy cut all of those images.  Well, my punch is on backorder so I had to fussy cut all of those images.  If I decide to make another card, I will fussy cut the images from the DSP. The smaller flowers on it are smaller than the ones I stamped. I stamped them because they fit in the flower punch.  Though I think they are a little large but it's okay, it's still pretty.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. 

A 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White was textured with the "Subtle" embossing folder and taped on the front of the card.

I set the "Buffalo Plaid" stamp up in my Stamparatus and stamped the background piece using Granny Apple Green ink. I used the die from the "Ornate Framelets" to die cut it out.  That pieces was then taped on top of the subtle piece. I glued it in place because I find gluing on top of textured pieces works better than tape.

I stamped the strawberries using Poppy Parade ink. I stamped the outline image twice to get it nice and dark. Then I stamped the solid part only once. They were then fussy cut.

The stems were done the same way using Garden Green ink and they were affixed to the strawberries.

The leaves were done the same way too but using Granny Apple Green ink.

The small flowers were stamped using Flirty Flamingo for the outline and Blushing Bride for the centers. I colored some tiny pearls using the dark Daffodil Delight Blends pen and I set them aside.

The words are from the "Peaceful Moments" set and were stamped using Garden Green ink on Basic White card stock. They were die cut using a die from the "Ornate Frames" set. 

I set the word piece in place first using Dimensionals.

The strawberries were added with Dimensionals.

The leaves were added but only one was set in place with Dimensionals, the one under the upper left strawberry.

The flowers were added, the one on the bottom strawberry, top right strawberry and on the word piece were just set in place using glue. The other two were set in place using Dimensionals.

The colored pearls were set in place and the card was done.  It's pretty but I think I will give it a try fussy cutting the DSP next time.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and have a look,

No comments: