Pin It

Thursday, March 04, 2021

Sweet Strawberry, 2021 Stampin' Up! Spring Catalog

Here's another card I ran across on Pinterest and just had to make. I love the black and red theme. I also love the Buffalo Plaid background. You can see the original card here

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. Next is a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Real Red card stock. Die cut a 3-5/16" oval from the center of the Real Red piece and set it aside. It's the second largest die in the package of "Layering Ovals" dies.

The Buffalo Plaid background piece was cut at 4" x 5-1/4" and taped on top of the Real Red piece.  A piece of black ribbon was wrapped around the two pieces before they were taped to the front of the card.  I cut my ribbon about 6-1/2" long. I added some double sided tape to each end and set it in place on top of the Buffalo Plaid piece. I also added some scotch tape to the ends of the ribbon on the backside to hold them in place better. Now the piece was ready to be taped to the front of the card.

The strawberries were stamped using black Memento ink for the outline and Poppy Parade for the solid part. I was going to use Real Red but forgot. Most of the strawberries I'd been stamping were made using Poppy Parade.  I didn't notice until I was assembling the card. I had to fussy cut my strawberries because my punch is on backorder and is not here yet. 

I stamped all the images using black Memento ink. The solid part of the stems were stamped using Granny Apple Green ink and so were the leaves. The little flowers were stamped only with no center coloring and they were fussy cut as well, though they would have been anyway, the punch is only for the strawberry and stem.  

The curls are from a die from another company. It's actually from a winter one and I had to cut off the snowflakes to make it work.  

I needed to die cut a Basic White oval that measured 2-15/16", it's the third largest oval in the set. And I die cut a Basic Black scalloped oval just a bit larger than the white oval. I taped the three ovals together.  

To assemble, I taped the leaves down first and then the center strawberry. The other two strawberries were set in place using Dimensionals and the little flowers were set in place using a Dimensional on each one as well. The little curls were slipped under the strawberries.

The piece was set in place on top of the card using Dimensionals and the card was done.

This was a very fun card to make and would be even more fun if I didn't have to fussy cut!  But it was worth it. I like the looks of this card.  I'm not sure if I should add some words on the bottom right. I will stamp something and just set it there to see if I like it or not.  It's such a pretty card as it is. The original card had "hello" across two of the strawberries.  

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and see what I did today,


Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Love the dp behind those delicious berries!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

love that dp behind those delicious berries!