Pin It

Tuesday, September 22, 2020

Halloween Card, September 2020 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card

My Paper Pumpkin Kit arrived today. I was a bit disappointed in it because I didn't want party favors, I wanted to make cards. So I sat at my worktable and punched out the tons of die cut items in the kit. And as I was punching them out I was thinking of what else I could do with them instead of making party poppers. How could I turn these items into a card.  Kind of a MacGyver moment!  LOL This is what I came up with.

I took a folded half-sheet of Basic Black card stock and added a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Whisper White to the inside. 

I cut a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Mango Melody and stamped the two leaves from the stamps in the kit. I used Versa Mark to do that. If you don't have Versa Mark you could use the Mango Melody ink, though you might want to stamp off once before stamping on the card stock. It depends on how much you want the leaves to show. I taped this piece to the front of the card base. 

The words are from the kit and I stamped them using the Cajun Craze ink that came in the kit. 

I took one of the party favor boxes and cut the sides off and took that center piece and cut along the score lines and got 3 pieces from it. I put the piece on my scoring board and scored the opposite side to try to flatten out that score line. Then I took my bone folder and ran it across that line on the backside. Those pieces ended up being 2-1/2" x 1-5/8".  I used two of them on my card. I also cut a Basic Black layer for each piece too. They measure 1-7/8" x 2-5/8".  I taped the striped pieces to the Basic Black layers. Then I taped those two pieces to the corners of the card as seen in the photo.  I didn't press down because I wanted to try to use some of those curly pieces. I took a Cajun Craze one and put it on the long side and I took the Mossy Meadow one and put it on the short ends. I did add a tiny amount of tape on the back of the taller loop. I pressed the pieces down on the Cajun Craze piece.

The kit came with the die cut lacy pieces so I put some glue on my craft mat and lightly touched the piece to the glue and set the piece in place on the striped piece.  

I had also cut a 1-7/8" x 2-5/8" piece of Basic Black for the center piece.  I set that piece in place with tape on the upper left and bottom right and a Dimensional on the lower left and upper right.

The pumpkins are from the kit and I stamped the faces using the stamps from the kit. I stamped them using black Memento ink. I set the pumpkins in place using Dimensionals. I thought they could use some sparkle so I colored them in using my Wink of Stella pen. 

And that was it.  It's kind of busy but that's okay. I like how it turned out.  Now to see what I can do with the other 19 party favors.  I don't think I will be making 19 cards but I'm going to try hard to use up what I can.

Thank you SO much for taking the time to stop by today,                                                                            Wanda

1 comment:

Wavah said...

Cute, cute, and more cute!