Pin It

Friday, June 01, 2018

Painted Harvest, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Birthday Card

I had stopped playing with the "Painted Harvest" set because I really don't like to fussy cut anymore.  But tonight I was in the mood, so I grabbed that set and began to create and this is what I came up with.

The base of my card is a folded half sheet of Whisper White card stock.  This piece was cut on the 8-1/2" and it opens from the bottom.  After I cut it I scored it at 5-1/2" and then used the leaf folder and embossed half the card.  Scoring and folding it first allows you to see the half way mark.

Next I die cut the square. I used the largest Stitched square  die and the 1-15/16" regular square die.  I "taped" them together using post it notes.  You can also use some Washi tape. I don't care for that method, I've had too many tear my work. I think the Big Shot squished it too tightly and the tape sticks even harder.  I just stick with the post it notes. You can use them several times, unlike the Washi tape, especially if it rips your work!

I stamped the "happy birthday" from the "Happy Birthday Gorgeous" set using black Memento ink.  Then I punched it with the "Classic Label" punch.  I was going to cut the points off on the ends but I decided to leave them.  After I saw how it looked on the screen as I am typing this, I took the card and snipped off the right end.  The left end is hidden under the leaf.  I had set the word piece in place using glue. I glued on the back side of the stitched frame along the narrow edge, just before the stitching.  I set the words in place and I took a small piece of scotch tape and taped it together because I didn't want to wait for the glue to dry.

Then I stamped the flower. I used Bermuda Bay for my color. And I fussy cut it out!!! The leaf was stamped using Old Olive ink on Old Olive card stock. I punched it out with the leaf punch. I had made two of them.  I took some linen thread and wrapped it around my fingers and set it in place using a glue dot.  I didn't have any linen thread so I used a couple of pieces off the burlap ribbon.  Then I added Dimensionals to the bottom left corner of the frame. One at the corner and one more on either side of the corner one for a total of three Dimensionals.  I set the flower in place.  Then I took a glue dot and made sure it was only on the bottom side of the leaf stem. I slipped it under the flower and stuck it to the frame.  I repeated this for the top leaf.  And the card was done.  

Even though I had to do fussy cutting, I did have fun making this card and I do like how it turned out.

Thank you SO much for visiting today,

No comments: