Pin It

Monday, July 17, 2023

Textured Floral, Birthday Card, Stampin' Up!

Hello and welcome to my blog. Today I have a fun card to share with you that I found on Pinterest.  There's a link there to take you to a video to make the card. I find videos a bit difficult to follow because I don't have the time to watch the whole thing first before I start in with my card. There's too much chit chat on them for me. I prefer to get right down to making the card, but that's just me. I would have done things a bit differently had I had the time to watch first.  I will share with you what I would do and did do differently. You can see the original card here. Please read on to see how the card was made.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. The Daffodil Delight layer was cut at 4" x 5-1/4".  Before I began my card I had cut my focal piece at 4" x 5-1/4" and cut it down to 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" after I was done stamping.

The first thing we did was we stamped the Old Olive greens in the middle left flower cluster. Then the cluster was stamped using Crushed Curry.  My ink was pretty wet so the flowers are pretty dark. In the video there's a part where she shows how to move the ink in the pad to one side so you have a bit dryer area to stamp on. I used a plastic spoon to move my ink. The ink does go back after the pad sits (more like overnight). 

Next the largest flower was stamped using Wild Wheat ink. The center of that flower was stamped using an image in the set (I forgot to mention the set is "Textured Flowers") and it used the same Wild Wheat ink. Then the greens were stamped at the bottom part of that flower using Mossy Meadow ink. 

The Lemon Lolly flowers were stamped next. She had us stamp two of them, one on the left and one on the bottom right. Someone suggested that a green be stamped in the center of those flowers. I didn't like it and I stamped over it using Daffodil Delight. If I had watched the video first I would have omitted the Old Olive and added Daffodil Delight instead, it would be just enough brightness to show the flower center. Covering it helped a bit but it's still too dark. The leaves were stamped using Mossy Meadow ink on two sides of that Lemon Lolly flower.

There was one more flower in the set and that was used on the center right edge using Crushed Curry ink that was stamped off once. 

The words were stamped next and are from the same "Textured Floral" set using Pecan Pie ink. She was saying something about the open area between the largest flower, the cluster, and the Daffodil Delight flower. I didn't like that open area so I stamped another Lemon Lolly flower there.

The splatters were added using Pecan Pie ink that was stamped off once. 

For the bling, I added some Old Olive rhinestones I had from the "Noble Peacock" (retired) rhinestones.

The layers were taped together and the card was done. It was a fun card to make and I was glad I ran across it because I had been struggling with this set.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see today's birthday card,


KardsbyKadie said...


Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

I have always found it difficult to stamp a design like that. Your card is beautiful! Really great how you were able to use several stamps and make it look like dsp!