Pin It

Wednesday, April 06, 2022

Forever Fern, Hand-Penned Petals, Friendship Card, Stampin' Up!

Yes, my "Hand-Penned Petals" set was still sitting out. Though had I put it away I would have gotten back up to get it to make this card. The die cut image caught my eye. It was something different with this set/bundle.  You can see the original card here.

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. I think it would have been prettier had the base of the card been Basic Black with the Basic White on top.  But I didn't see that until after I had finished the card. Anyway, this card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

I die cut the floral image from the "Hand-Penned Petals" bundle using Basic White card stock. I did use the double-sided sticky sheet to make this into a sticker. I really didn't want to mess with gluing such thin areas.  I set this piece on top of the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Hand-Penned" 12" x 12" package so I could figure out what size to cut this.  My DSP was cut at 2-1/2" x 3-3/4".  When I cut it, I set the edge of the paper on the inside line of the 2-1/2" mark so it was just a hair shy of 2-1/2".  Does that make sense? I did the same for the 3-3/4" size. I wanted this piece just a hair shy of the 2-1/2" x 3-3/4".  Then I took the Basic Black piece and cut it at 2-5/8" x 3-7/8" but I did the opposite here. I cut it on the other side of the line on my cutter. So this piece was just a hair larger than 2-5/8" x 3-7/8".  That way I get a little bit larger border showing on the layer.  Sometimes the layers are just too thin to be effective enough. Measuring the DSP and card stock like that made it look larger on that border/edging. I taped the DSP to the Basic Black piece. 

Next I set the die cut floral piece in place.  I taped the ends of a 3-1/2" piece of ribbon to the back of the layers. I taped it down using scotch tape. Then I stamped the words from the "Forever Fern" set using black Memento ink.

I set my card in my Stamparatus and lined up the image from the "Hand-Penned Petals" set and stamped it on the upper right corner using black Memento ink.  I turned the card 180 degrees and stamped the opposite corner.  

The DSP layer was taped in place and some black dots were added to the center of the flowers. I didn't have any black dots so I had to improvise. I was going to use my sharpie to color in some retired Candy Dots I had but I was too lazy to get up and get it, so I used some black nail polish I had sitting on my worktable.  The end result was to get black dots and that's what I got. Plus I got to use a few of the dots in my stash.  There's SO much "stash" here!

This was a fun, quick and easy card to make. I like how it turned out but I think it could use a Basic Black base instead of Basic White. I could always cut 1/8" off all sides and tape that to the front of the Basic Black base.  But I'm just going to leave it as it is for now!

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and see today's friendship card,

No comments: