Pin It

Sunday, July 04, 2021

All Squared Away, Sweet Strawberry, Thank You Card, 2021-2022 Stampin' Up! Catalog

If you've been following me long enough, you know I don't put my stamping stuff away when I'm done uisng it. Not right away anyway. It eventually gets back where it came from but not the same day I use it.  And that is why sometimes you will see a card made from the same set the following day.  Today is the next day! As I said before I found this "All Squared Away" set a bit challenging but I'm starting to come out of my shell with it.  

Here's what I came up with using the "All Squared Away" set today.

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock.

I cut a 5-1/2" x 1-3/4" piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Hand Penned" 12" x 12" package. The other side of this DSP you will find some pretty flowers but I was looking for something more soft, subtle and not so busy.  The colors on the package said the DSP has the Blushing Bride color in it. I tried to stamp using it but it was too dark and didn't match the DSP. No colors I had matched that DSP. So what I ended up doing was I did stamp that dashed background image using Blushing Bride but I stamped off once. It was then close enough to the DSP color.

Then I die cut the flower image from the "All Squared Away" bundle using Basic White card stock. I taped this piece to the stamped background piece and I trimmed the edges by hand. 

I also die cut four of the flowers that matched the one in the square. I glued them together and set them aside. 

I don't have much, if any current ribbon so I took some white that is retired and I wrapped it around the card and taped the ends in the front where the square would be going. I used snail tape to hold it in place and then I added scotch tape to make sure it stayed. 

The words are from the "Sweet Strawberry" set and were stamped using black Memento ink.  Once the words were stamped I glued the flower stack to the flower on the square. Make sure you know the orientation of the flower before you glue it and try to set it in place. I was spinning that flower around a few times until I got it lined up.  I was good about lining them up well when I was stacking them but I forgot about it for the final gluing.  But I got it done and in place. Then I took my Blender Pen and Blush Blossom ink pad and added a bit of color to the stacked flower. 

The flower still needed something so I took my Wink of Stella pen and colored the whole flower. It's got a nice sparkle to it now. I could add a small rhinestone or pearl to the center of the flower but I left it as it was. I need to mail this card and I didn't want to pay the extra postage.

I set the square in place on the front of the card using Dimensionals and the card was done.

This was fun to maek and I do like how it turned out.  I will put the set away for a few days and move on to something else. But I will bring it back so I can get some more use out of it. Hopefully I'll have some more fun ideas.

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and see today's creation,


KardsbyKadie said...

Well Wanda.......You created a beautiful 'pretty in pink' kind of card. Well done!

Heartwarmers from Vicki said...

Another great idea! It's very pretty! Love the soft color.