Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Thursday, April 18, 2019

Petals & More, Happy Birthday Gorgeous, Birthday Card

Today I thought I would try something different in card making.  Well, new to me. I don't know why!  LOL

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Whisper White card stock.  I had cut my card stock in half on the 8-1/2" side.  My card was to be folded at the top and open from the bottom.  By the time I had gotten all of my cut pieces to my worktable, I had a regular folded card.  I don't even know where that came from. The other piece will be saved for another card I want to open from the bottom or I'll just cut it  and use it.

The top layer was cut 4-7/8" x 3-5/8".  I used the "Stitched Rectangle" die that measured about 3-1/8" x 2-7/8".  I centered it and ran it through my Big Shot and cut it out.  I save those inside pieces for another project (someday!!).  

I cut a 3-3/4" x 2-1/2" piece of the Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Share What You Love" 12" x 12" paper pack.  

And I die cut a Mossy Meadow branch from the "Petals & More" set that was bundled with the "Petal Palatte" set.  Which is retiring at the end of May.  I LOVE this set and I'm going to miss it. I will have to find a fun card using the bird and make it before it retires.  

I stamped the words from the "Happy Birthday Gorgeous" set, which is also retiring at the end of May.  I used black Memento ink to stamp them. I also used the Stamparatus to line it up so I could get it straight.  Buying some graph paper and cutting it to fit helps. I found some cheap thin graph paper at the Dollar Tree.  I didn't need anything nice. I just wanted to have some on hand so I can get my wording straight at a low cost.  Having to move the words and re-stamp, sometimes several times causes me to use a bit of graph paper.  Though I did learn to cut it into smaller pieces and only set it on the area that I am going to be stamping.  Okay. Once the words were stamped I was ready to assemble my card.

I used Dimensionals and set the DSP in place.  I added more Dimensionals to the edges of my piece, making sure not to add any to the back of the DSP, it would raise the card up too high.  I set that panel in place using the Dimensionals on the edge plus some snail in the middle (on the backside of the DSP.

I trimmed the end of the branch a bit and added a little bit of glue to some of the leaves and set it in place. I did set it in place before adding the glue so I would know where to place it.  After making sure the leaves stuck in place I was done!

I thought it was a quick and easy card to make.  I like this layout and I'm going to see if I can't come up with something better than the branch for the accent.

Thank you SO much for visiting today,
Wanda

No comments: