I hope you all had a fun and safe holiday weekend. I just kicked back and did some relaxing, some beading a little bit of cleaning and some crafting! And I am going to share my crafting with you today.
I saw a Halloween feather wreath on Pinterest and I thought I had pinned it on my Halloween Stuff board but I couldn't find it so I had to do a search for it. I did find it, so you can view that one here. I did mine a little different. First I took a piece of foam pipe tubing. It was something we had on hand so I didn't have to go purchase anything. A Styrofoam wreath form will work too but this is cheaper to do, easy to form and it was something I had on hand.
I taped the tube in a sort of circle. My piece of tubing could have been a little bit longer but it worked out fine as it was. Just trying to make do with what I have. And I sure do have a lot of craft stuff here!!! I taped my foam together with black duct tape. I took a piece of wire and make a hook for the wreath. Just wrap some wire around the wreath with a twist in it so you can hang it.
Next I took two black feather boas and attached one end of them to the circle. One of the boas has long feathers on it and the other is just a fuzzy fine feather boa (I like those the best!). I wrapped them around the wreath together. Feathers will fly! I don't mind the bigger feathers but those little tiny ones just fly in the air and get everywhere! So needless to say I will be vacuuming and dusting after I get done with this post! I did trim up the inside of the wreath. The opening was hardly visible. I clipped a bunch of the feathers all around the inside and I liked the opening much better. A larger wreath probably wouldn't need trimming. I also went with a smaller wreath, not only because of the short piece of tubing but I knew a smaller wreath would take less boas. Boas are not cheap!
Ok, let's back up here. I forgot to tell you that I did paint the Styrofoam balls before I put the feathers on. I stuck a toothpick in each one and painted them white. The toothpick is so you can not only hang on to them but so you can poke them into something so they can dry. Once they were dry I painted the colored parts and then the black dots in the middle. I had gotten my foam balls at The Dollar Store. They were not the best shaped balls but they were good enough for this project. You just put the flat parts in the back!
Ok, now go plug in your glue gun.
I set the eyes in place on the wreath to see where I wanted them to be. Then I glued them in place. I had gotten some pretty glittered balls at Michael's (using my half off coupon) and I placed them in the wreath where I felt it looked empty. I had also picked up that cute owl. That is not on the wreath I saw on Pinterest but I thought the top could use something, plus it made it easier to find the wire. Now I know the wire is just behind the owl!
Now for you stampers, this would be cute using the new Googly Ghouls set. Just stamp them and cut them out. Color them and place them in the wreath. Use lots of purples, greens and oranges!!
And that was it! I'm off to vacuum and then to create some cards.
Thanks SO much for visiting today,