Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Friday, May 03, 2019

Petal Palette, Congratulations Card

I was looking around Pinterest to find a fun card using the "Petal Palette" set.  I thought this card looked like it would be a good one because it had some fun elements going on.  You can see the original card here.  There is also a video tutorial to follow along if you need to.  Though the card was easy enough to make.

The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Very Vanilla card stock.  On top of that is a 5-1/8" x 3-7/8" piece of Berry Burst. I chose Berry Burst because I had some matching ribbon and I had a little bit of card stock left.  The Berry Burst color expires at the end of this month.

On top of the Berry Burst layer is a 5" x 3-3/4" piece of Very Vanilla.  The Very Vanilla piece was stamped using the branch/leaf image and So Saffron ink.  My ink turned out darker than the on the original card.  I took my Berry Burst marker and I flicked the thicker end off the inside edge of the cap to get some speckles.  The video shows what I am talking about here. It's a little difficult to describe.  Once you have the cap off, insert the tip of the marker in about 1/4" and then flick it out of the cap and it should splatter.  When I first hear of someone flicking the marker on the cap I was tapping mine on the cap and had no luck at all. All I could figure was that they must have had a very juicy marker.  Now I know where I went wrong! LOL

The instructions said to sponge on some Crumb Cake ink on the doily.  The video had the old doilies.  Here I just used the backside of the new doilies. 

The bird was stamped using black Memento ink. I should have stamped it using Crumb Cake or maybe Early Espresso.  But I just left it the way it was. I die cut the bird with the die that are with the  "Petal Palette" bundle. I sponged the bird with some So Saffron ink.

I stamped the words from the "Petal Palette" set using Soft Suede ink.  I die cut them with the tag die and then sponged the edges with So Saffron ink. 

The lacy part is a die from the bundle and gold foil card stock was used.

To assemble tape or glue the doily in place.  Then the gold foil lacy piece on top of that.  The words went on next.  The bird was set in place using Dimensionals and the bow was added.  It's pretty simple and I do like how my version turned out.  

This was fun and I would like to make one using Pacific Point ink, I think it could be pretty!

Thank you SO much for visiting today,
Wanda

No comments: