Pin It

Friday, February 11, 2022

Catching Butterflies, Friendship Card, 2022 Stampin' Up! Sale-a-Bration Catalog

Today I wanted to play with the "Catching Butterflies" set but I needed some inspiration. I found this card on Pinterest. You can see the original card here. I clicked through the link to the blog where it was posted but there wasn't a lot of info on how the card was made, so here's how I made it. 

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of basic White card stock. This card opens on the right and the fold is on the left.

I cut a 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Sunshine & Rainbows" 6" x 6" stack in the Sale-a-Bration catalog. 

Next I die cut a Basic White piece using the third largest "Stitched Rectangles" dies. I think the original card used the second largest but I found that because of they way I had to cut my DSP that I needed to try to work with the third die. I saved the end of the DSP that I had cut off and I flipped it over and die cut it with the same die. This piece is going to be taped to the top of my stitched rectangle later. 

Then I stamped the girl from the "Catching Butterflies" set. I used black Memento ink. I colored her in using my Blends pens. I used light Smoky Slate for the net and the shadow under her foot. The dress was colored in both light and dark Pool Party. Her face, hands and legs were colored in using light Petal Pink and the cheeks were colored in using the dark Petal Pink pen. I colored her hair in using the Bronze pen. The butterflies were colored in using yellow for the outer edges and yellow for the tiny butterflies. And light Flirty Flamingo for the insides of the butterflies and a little bit of dark Flirty Flamingo for the highlights on the wings.  I fussy cut two butterflies because part of them were stamped and cut off on the edge. So I thought I'd just cut them, color them and set them in place with the tiniest dot of glue. 

Now it was time to tape that Pool Party heart printed piece at the top. I wrapped a piece of linen thread around it twice and tied a bow. Then I set the piece in place on the front of the card using Dimensionals. I made sure I got a bit of a Dimensional under each butterfly that I fussy cut out. 

The words are from the same "Catching Butterflies" set and were stamped on a 5/8" x 2-1/4" piece of Pale Papaya card stock. This piece was set in place with Dimensionals. I made sure I staggered them on the back so they didn't land on the linen thread. 

I put a dot of glue (not Tombow Mono glue) on the bow to hold it. The Mono glue stays sticky and I didn't want it sticking to the inside of the envelope or anything else. I used some tacky glue and that did the trick.  I just felt that the thread seemed like it would come untied easily and I wanted to make sure it wasn't going to be going anywhere.  And the card was done.

This was a very fun card to make. It's got such a happy feel to it. It's a nice friendship card or it could also be used as a thank you card. 

Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop by and see today's Friendship card,
Wanda

1 comment:

KardsbyKadie said...

Such a HAPPY and PRETTY looking card Wanda. TFS!