I found this card on Pinterest and I thought this card was SO pretty that I had to make one. OMG, what a lot of work this card was. Surprised work that is. You can see the original card here.
The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock.
A 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Basic White card stock was textured using the "Painted Texture" embossing folder. The piece was glued to the front of the card.
Then a 1" x 5-1/4" piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Fine Art Floral" 12' x 12" pack was cut and glued to the left side of the card on top of the textured piece.
The Basic White word panel was cut at 3-1/8" x 4" and the words were die cut. Now when you die cut the words, save all the pieces. I didn't so I had to cut another one from some scrap just to get those little pieces. I cut a 3" x 3" piece of Poppy Parade card stock and glued it to the back of the word piece. Don't worry if all the pieces don't lay down nice, you can glue them when you are done adding the little pieces. If you can, leave the words in the card stock if they were stuck in there after cutting. If not, then put the words back in their places. This will make it easier to glue those little pieces in the exact place they need to be. Once the little pieces are all glued in, remove the words. Pretty isn't it? Add Dimensionals to the back and set it aside.
Next I stamped the leaves, well, I stamped the whole flower piece using Mossy Meadow ink and I die cut it out. Then I cleaned it off and stamped another one using Petal Pink ink and sponged on some Poppy Parade and then it was die cut. I fussy cut each flower and glued it on top of the Mossy Meadow flowers. Cutting the little buds was not fun but it was necessary because they are so darn cute and add a lot to the bunch. When you cut the flowers out, make sure you cut away the stem area or the stems will be Mossy Meadow and then turn pink. You'll see when you cut them out and set them on top of the Mossy Meadow ones (before you glue them down). I added Dimensionals to the flowers where I could see they were touching the word panel. I also added Dimensionals where I could see they would be touching the DSP. And the part of the leaf that is touching the word panel was glued in place because a Dimensional looked funny there for some reason.
I had some Mossy Meadow Baker's Twine left over from a Paper Pumpkin kit, though you can color your own with ink refill, a marker or a Blends Pen, I tied a bow and used a dot of glue to set it in place.
The words are from the "Art Gallery" set and were stamped on a scrap piece of Poppy Parade using Versa Mark and then sprinkled with white embossing powder and heated. There's a cute die in the bundle that the words fit into. I cut it and then I added Dimensionals to the lower part of the word piece, I also added a little glue to the top piece when I set it in place.
So, to assemble I set the word panel in place 1/2" from the bottom of the card and 1/4" in on the right. The embossed piece shows just a little bit. The flowers were added next and then the word piece.
I colored three crystal rhinestones using my dark Poppy Parade Blends pen and set those in place on the front of the card and the card was done.
Now reading how to make the card didn't sound as bad as what I went through to make it but you are aware of the little pieces and how important they are to keep an eye on! And how to assemble the piece. I had step by step instructions on how to make it so that was what I did and it turned out. I hope yours turns out too!
Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see this pretty card,