The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of Coastal Cabana card stock and I taped it to the card base.
A 3-7/8" x 5-1/8" piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Fine Art Floral" 12" x 12" package was taped to the Coastal Cabana.
The words are from the "Ornate Thanks" set and were stamped using Coastal Cabana ink on Basic White card stock. I cut the words so they fit at an angle. I'm not good with angles so I found this part a little difficult. I ended up setting the piece on the front of the card and marking the angle with a pencil and then cutting it. My strip measured 1" wide. You can angle it as much or as little as you want. I just let it do it's own thing and when it looked like it was angled I marked it and cut it. I also cut a layer 1/8" larger around it using Coastal Cabana card stock.
The flower image is from the "Art Gallery" set and was stamped using Coastal Cabana ink and the detail image was stamped using Bermuda Bay ink. I die cut the flower. I also stamped the center detailed image using Bermuda Bay ink and then added some Tombow Multi glue and allowed the glue to dry. While it was drying, I stamped the leaves using Old Olive ink on a scrap piece of Basic White card stock. I die cut the leaves and then fussy cut the bottoms from the stems.
Gold foil was stuck to the glue and I used my stipple brush to remove any excess. You can use a tooth brush or a stamping sponge too (I read that about the sponge but I've never tried it). You can also use Versa Mark to stamp the image and the Heat & Stick powder for the gold foil. I would think that the Versa Mark and Heat & Stick powder would give you more details than the glue would. I think I have some Heat & Stick powder and I'll have to try it sometime to see what I end up with.
Dimensionals were added to the word piece and the flower. I set the words in place but didn't press down. I made sure I didn't add any Dimensionals to the one petal of the flower so it could hang over the word piece. I didn't press the flower in place yet either. The leaves were taped in place and then the other two pieces were pressed in place. And the card was done.
This was a fun card to make and I do need to practice on angled words! Maybe cutting the piece first and then stamping the words!!! Food for thought!
Thank you SO very much for taking your time to have a look at today's pretty and easy to make card,