The base of the card is a folded half-sheet of Basic White card stock. It opens on the right and the fold is on the left.
I cut a 4-1/8" x 5-3/8" piece of Pecan Pie card stock and a piece of Designer Series Paper (DSP) from the "Joy of Christmas" 12" x 12" package. I only bought one package of Christmas DSP so I can challenge myself to work with it and use it up so I will have nothing but scraps left that I won't give a second thought to recycling at the end of the catalog! Fingers crossed!!! Wish me luck. Ok, I had taped those two layers together and then taped that to the card base.
Next I took the die from the "Christmas Classics" bundle and cut it from a piece of Shaded Spruce card stock. Then I die cut the center piece from the same bundle using Basic White card stock. I had scrubbed on some Real Red ink using my Blending Brush. I thought the white was just a bit too bright.
The gingerbread boy is from the "Sending Cheer" set and was stamped using Pecan Pie ink on a piece of Basic White card stock. I stamped the eyes using black Memento ink and the hearts using Real Red card stock.
The words are from the "Throughout The Year" set and were stamped on a 7/8" x 3-1/8" piece of Basic White card stock. I also scrubbed on some Real Red ink to tone it down a bit.
The card was now ready to assemble. I added Dimensionals behind the Shaded Spruce piece and then taped on the Basic White square. I set that piece in place on the upper part of the card.
Next the gingerbread boy was added using Dimensionals. I thought he should be added at an angle because the DSP was not straight (designed that way) and setting him that way made it not look so obvious that it's not straight. That left the upper left corner a bit empty looking so I added some holly sequins from the "Holly Gems & Sequins" container.
The words were added using Dimensionals and a couple of colored rhinestones were added, they were also from the same "Holly Gems & Sequins" container.
After looking at the card I thought the Shaded Spruce border could use some sprucing up so I added some rhinestones to it. I had colored them with my dark Real Red Blends pen but it wasn't dark enough so I used the dark Cherry Cobbler pen and I got the color I needed. I know more is less but this really needed more! And that was it, the card was done.
I like how it turned out and I did have fun making it.
Thank you SO very much for taking your time to stop in and see today's Christmas card,