Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Thursday, April 04, 2019

Climbing Roses, Thank You Card, 2019 Stampin' Up! Occasions Catalog

I thought I would play with the "Climbing Roses" bundle before I put it back on the shelf. Yes, I often do put my stamp sets back on the shelf.  Especially when I have stampers coming over! LOL

The base of this card is a folded half-sheet of Very Vanilla card stock. 

I cut a 4" x 5-1/4" Very Vanilla card stock for the top layer.  I took a piece of watercolor paper and I stamped the roses image using Versa Mark.  I heat embossed it with gold embossing powder.  The original card (which you can see here) was done using copper embossing powder. I didn't have any, so I used the next closest color.  I die cut the flowers and I was ready for the next step.

For the coloring I took my aqua painter and I colored in the greenery first.  I went over everything that should be green using Old Olive.  I squished the cover of the ink pad and took my color from the lid.  Next I came in with some Mossy Meadow ink.  Making the darker areas more prominent. 

Next I colored in all of the flowers using Melon Mambo.  I added some Merry Merlot for the darker areas.  After I was satisfied with how it looked, I added some Soft Suede to the darker areas of the greens and then a little bit of Early Espresso.  It wasn't as difficult to color as I thought it would be.  Not when you color the lightest colors first and then come back with the darker ones.  I thought it was fun but it did take some time to do.  But today I was in the painting mood.

The words are from the same set. I also stamped them using Versa Mark and gold embossing powder.  I heat set it and then I used the new "Stitched Rectangle" dies to cut them out.  

The Very Vanilla 4" x 5-1/4" piece was splattered.  You were supposed to take your marker and tape it on the cap to let the ink flick on the card stock. I tried that, it didn't work.  I even took my scissors and flicked it on that and nothing.  I guess my markers aren't juicy enough.  I even went as far as to add ink refill to the tips of the markers and tried again and still nothing.  I took out my old trusty air art tool, the one with the bulb on it and you tighten in your marker. I just made a few splatters of Melon Mambo and Early Espresso. That part of my card was disappointing to do.

I set the Very Vanilla piece on top of the card base using Dimensionals.  Then I took some gold thread and wound it around my spread fingers about four times.  I took a glue dot and set it over the ends.  I also twisted this circle to form a figure eight so I could work with it easier on my card stock.  I set the thread in place and then I set the flower piece on using Dimenisonals.  I was careful not to put any Dimenisonals on the area where the words were going to go. 

I added Dimensionals to the words and I set them in place.  I arranged the gold thread a little and then I added some pearls that I had colored using the Real Red Blends pen.  Yup, Real Red didn't turn out so red on the pearls and I used the darker pen.  But I liked how they looked so that was what I used.

I do like how the card looks but I don't think I would ever make another one, mostly because of the time it took to make it.  I much prefer the Blends pens for my coloring.

Thank you SO much for visiting today,
Wanda 


No comments: