Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Sunday, April 08, 2018

You've Got This, March 2018 Paper Pumpkin Alternative Card, Birthday Card

Today I had some time to play with my March 2018 Paper Pumpkin kit.  I was just going to put the kit together as it was, I do like the kit, but....

I had a flower left from the "You've Got This" set. When I made my card yesterday, I had stamped and colored 2 flowers.  My thinking was to make two cards, one a Mother's Day card and one a Birthday card.  But I only made the one card and that was it.  

So, when I opened up my Paper Pumpkin kit and saw the colors, I looked to my left and there on my messy worktable was the flower I had colored in.  Well, the gears started turning and this is what I came up with.

The base of my card is a folded half-sheet of Crumb Cake (not included in the kit).  On top of that is a Rich Razzleberry piece of card stock that I trimmed 1/4" off the side so it measures 3-1/2" x 4-3/4", plus I cut the piece in half.  It's folded for a note card.  I have mixed feelings about doing that.  I go from a kit that has 8 or 10 or 12 cards in it to 25 or 30!!! Exaggerating here but it seems that in doing this I double the amount of stamping and card making I need to do and still don't have the time for.  But after seeing this, I now wished I would have stamped more of this flower.  But I guess that gives me more room for those gears to get going again and come up with something more, right?  LOL  I say good luck with that!!! LOL

Okay, after the Rich Razzleberry piece, I took one of the four pieces with the roses stamped on it and cut 1/4" off the side of that too, it now measures 3" x 4-1/4". I taped it to the Rich Razzleberry piece.  I added the half doily (not included in the kit" and I cut a 3" piece of the ribbon that came with the kit. I added snail tape to the back and placed it over the edge of the doily.  I wound up some gold thread (not included in the kit) around my fingers and stuck the loops to a glue dot and stuck it to the card front.  I added Dimensionals to the flower and set it in place, moving it over just enough to cover the edge of the doily.

The words are from the kit and were stamped using Rich Razzleberry ink (not included in the kit).  The label the words are stamped on was in the kit. I sponged the edges with Rich Razzleberry ink and set them in place on top of the card front as you see in the photo. I had used Dimensionals to set the label piece in place.  And that was it. Pretty simple (especially since the flower was already cut and colored!!!).

Thank you SO much for visiting today,
Wanda

No comments: