Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Monday, February 26, 2018

Whole Lot of Lovely, Rose Wonder, Birthday Card

A quick break from the Sale-a-Bration and 2018 Occasions Catalog.  I ran across this card and I had most of the stuff to copy it. I LOVED that Decorative Series Paper from the "Whole Lot of Lovely" pack.  You can see the original card here.  The only difference is the words. I didn't have the set that was used so I used the words from the "Rose Wonder" set.  They were a bit smaller. I suppose I could have die cut them larger but I hadn't thought that through!  But I still think the card looks pretty.  

To make this card I used a folded half-sheet of Basic Black card stock.  On top of that I added a 4" x 5-1/4" piece of the gold foil paper.  Before I taped that foil paper in place, I die cut the scalloped oval from the middle.  No one will know it's missing.  Next I cut the DSP 3-3/4" x 5" and taped it on top of the foil paper.  As I was trying to line it up, I touched the DSP to the foil and some of the tape stuck and it showed. I tried to use the eraser to get it off.  But what I found took it off nicely was my hand sanitizer.  I put a little on a piece of paper towel and it took it off almost immediately and it didn't scratch the foil at all.  

I cut a 3/4" x 5" strip of the foil paper and I cut a 1/2" x 5" strip of Basic Black. I taped the black strip to the foil strip.  Then I added the tiny gold sequin ribbon to the top of the black strip.  I used tacky glue to hold it in place.  I didn't think tape would be strong enough and in time it may shift too.  I glued one end and set a clear block on top to weight it down.  In the meantime I worked on the words.  I stamped them on Basic Black card stock and I used Versa Mark to "ink" them up. The words are from the "Rose Wonder" set.  I heat embossed them.  I checked my glued end and it was set enough, so I glued the other end and went back to the words.  I took the scalloped foil one and taped the words one to it.  I added Dimensionals to the top and bottom areas of the oval. I avoided the sided because of the sequins.  By now the glue was set up enough and I added tape to the back of that strip. I set the strip in place and then the words on top.  It's a pretty easy card to make, just lot of layers.  Though I am a very big fan of cards with lots of layers!!!

This was a very fun card to make and if I had more of that DSP and more sequin ribbon, I would make more cards!!

Thank you SO much for visiting today,

No comments: