Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Monday, May 15, 2017

You've Got This, Rose Wonder, Thank You Card

I wanted to play with some of the retiring sets before the end of the month.  These two are not retiring but I saw this card on the net and had to make one.  I liked the way it looked even though I did change it a bit.  You can see the original card here.

I used Smoky Slate decorative paper instead of Basic Gray, I added a doily and I changed the words.  Other than that it's about the same!!!

The base of the card is a folded half sheet of Basic Gray.  I cut it at the 8-1/2" edge.  This card opens from the bottom.  I didn't have any Basic Gray decorative paper from the 12" x 12" stack left, so I used Smoky Slate.  I like it, it made the Basic Gray stand out more.  

I stamped the flower from "You've Got This" and die cut it with the larger circle die.  I took the largest die and cut out a Basic Gray circle for the layer.  The original card has their wording in round layers.  I tried it with the words here and there was just too much space on the top and bottom.  I thought about moving the words to the top or bottom and adding and embellishment but after moving the die I the image popped in my head and I decided to go with the oval.  I like how it looks.  

I colored the flower using a blender pen and the Daffodil Delight marker.  I used Delightful Dijon for the center of the flower.

I cut a piece of the dotted decorative paper 1-1/2" x 4" and the Basic Gray layer 2" x 4".  I cut them long so I could trim them up after punching the ribbon edge (that doesn't even show on the card!!!).  I taped all of the layers together and then I assembled the card.  I set the pieces on the card and moved the doily around until I found a spot that I thought it looked nice.  I taped the back side of the upper right part, no one was going to see the tape mess on it, it was going to be covered with the flower piece.  I added a few tiny dots of tape runner on the larger areas of the side of the doily that is visible. 

I set the ribbon piece in place where I thought it would look the best.  I marked the edge and trimmed it before I taped it in place.  Next I taped the flower piece in place and finally I added the word piece using Dimensionals.  And that was it.  It looks more difficult than it was.  And now I think I have all of the thank you cards I need, so I'd better get busy and send them out!

Thank you ever so much for visiting today,
Wanda
   

No comments: