Pin It

Pin any image to Pinterest with just a click!

Thursday, July 03, 2008

Altered Notebook Challenge From Sue!

At our last DIVA Day event Sue gave us each a little navy blue vinyl covered notebook to alter as our challenge.

When I make "patterns" for notebooks I usually just use copier paper. I took a piece of copier paper and cut it to the size of the notebook. I had one long strip the size of the notebook. I went from the front of the notebook to the back and around the sides back to the front for the cover. Once I got it wrapped around I folded the corners over and looked at the front to see how far I wanted to cut the flap back. I then measured my fold lines on the copier paper and proceeded to cut and fold my card stock accordingly.

I used the Stampin' Up! Boho Backgrounds set on Pretty in Pink card stock. Since I was going to be coloring in some of the details of the images I used the Basic Brown ink pad so the ink wouldn't lift off the paper. After coloring in the images I cut out the pieces I needed and began to create all the pieces to my cover. I had cut the card stock pieces 1/4" around smaller than the piece I was laying it on top of. It's difficult to give measurements since each notebook will vary in size.

I used the "One of a Kind" set and cut out the images. I had stamped them on Pretty in Pink and Chocolate Chip card stock. I used the white gel pen to put the dots in the center of the flowers. I sponged all edges and set them aside

Once I got all of my pieces cut out I sanded the notebook cover lightly. Then I took a piece of magnetic sheet and attached it to the notebook using the Sticky Strip tape. I needed something that I knew would hold. I put a piece on the cover of the notebook and one on the inside flap I created. I wanted the notebook to be able to stay shut but I didn't want to use a ribbon or fibers for that. I like the look and feel of the magnetic sheets on a notebook. It give the notebook a clean crisp look and a touch of "professional" too!!!

For some finishing touches I used some Chocolate Chip grosgrain ribbon and a piece of buckle hardware on the front. I taped this around the piece of card stock before I attached it to the front of the notebook. I then attached the "flower" pieces and the final thing I added was the half-round pearl from the "Pretties" kit.
This was a VERY fun challenge. I really enjoyed playing with this one!! Thanks SO much Sue

This item was made entirely of Stampin' Up! products. To view more items made entirely of Stampin' Up! products click here.

Thank you SO much for stopping by,
Wanda

8 comments:

Deanne Stewart-Mills said...

This is a really nice idea. I may borrow this idea to cover some art journals I use as Idea Books.
Thanks for the inspiration.
Deanne
xx
Sydney Australia

t.allman said...

I never would have thought of putting a flap on the front of the notebook...great idea! Yours turned out beautiful.
Nanc

Carol said...

this is just divine! I love the cover on this fabulous notebook!

Deepa said...

That notebook is absolutely darling!! I'm so glad I bought that set now :) I have a few notebooks that are just blah ugly, I know exactly how to gussy them up - and the magnetic sheet trick is genious! Have a great weekend :)

Debby said...

Oh Wanda I love this, I am going to have to make one for my purse.
Angel hugs
Debby

Anonymous said...

This is a great idea. It makes a notebook look so much nicer. And impressive when you pull it out to use it! :0)

Swedie

Sara Paschal said...

This is great Wanda, I love the BOHO style!

Diane Gilbert (djluvs2stamp on SCS) said...

Wanda I LOVE your altered notebook!